Healthcare Equipment Financing
With technologies in healthcare constantly advancing – along with prices – how do hospitals, medical practices, nursing facilities and other private healthcare practices keep their budgets in line? Instead of choosing credit or loans to purchase equipment, healthcare facilities are choosing medical equipment leasing.
Leasing saves your working capital and pays for the equipment as it’s used, and most importantly, it allows for shorter payment terms so necessary upgrades to new technologies are more cost effective than purchasing.
Medical equipment leasing also retains your bank borrowing capacity, lowers your monthly payment, and in many cases, equipment lease payments are a fully tax deductible expense since your payment becomes a liability on the balance sheet instead of a business asset.
With the cost savings from leasing, you can afford to have more equipment, such as ultrasounds and x-ray machines, available in your office. What does this mean to you? More procedures that that you can bill for, which means more opportunities to increase your bottom line instead of your stack of referrals paperwork.
Advantages of Financing
- 100% Financing: Financing business equipment often covers 100% of the equipment cost with room to bundle soft costs including training, software and installation. 100% financing conserves working capital.
- Tax Savings: Tax advantages often make financing less expensive than an outright purchase.
- Cash Flow: Customize a solution to fit your particular situation and pay for the equipment as you use it.
- Use Inflation to Your Advantage: If you pay cash for equipment, you pay with today’s dollars at today’s value. When financing, you pay with next year’s inflated dollars, and the next, and the next.
- Preserve Bank Credit Lines: Leasing doesn’t affect your bank borrowing limits. You still have 100% of your credit available.
- Accounting Benefits: Monthly payments may be deductible as operating expenses rather than accounting for the equipment as an asset.
Disadvantages of Cash
You select the equipment - we provide the financing. We offer sound guidance, flexible structuring and competitive financing.
- Diminished Reserves: Cash payment has an immediate impact on cash flow by diminishing cash reserves.
- Impact on Credit: Depletion of liquid assets may affect your credit worthiness.
- Impact of Soft Costs: Paying cash for soft costs such as installation, delivery and maintenance erodes available cash.
- Return on Time: Cash should be used for income producing investments since you pay with today's dollars at today's value.